Co-creating happier and healthier living environments
in Hong Kong
Application period: July – 16 August 2021 (you will hear back from us on the 18th if selected)
Challenge dates: September 4-5, 2021
Location: WLAB, Area A, 1/F, Block A-D, Tung Kin Factory Building 196-198, Tsat Tsz Mui Road North Point, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
How to apply: Click here to apply.
Why should you join the DO Challenge?
- Meet 30 action-oriented people and tackle a relevant Green Living Challenge and develop fresh relevant ideas quickly
- In just 2 days, experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup. After learning how to create a startup, you’ll meet the very best mentors and cofounders.
- Try out different team roles and share your expertise in a group of inspiring people to co-create solutions for a happier and healthier Hong Kong. Get the opportunity to continue working on your startup idea afterwards.
Our Approach: The DO Method
By utilizing The DO’s approach to innovation structured around a real-life challenge, you will co-create innovative solutions throughout just one weekend. You will meet and work with a group of people from different industries who all care about a happier and healthier Hong Kong and benefit from their diverse perspectives on the issue.
The workshop will be structured around the 4-stage DO Method, an innovation method that will take you from understanding the problem to prototyping and pitching. You will learn core skills and mindsets through action during the four phases of the DO Method: Dream, Focus, Plan and DO.
What to expect from this co-creation process:
- Meet like-minded and highly motivated people from interior design, tech, academic and other backgrounds who want to co-create and work together!
- Discover concrete obstacles in building a startup and develop solutions together with your team in a short amount of time
- Experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup! Did we mention that you will have fun?!
- And it’s not over on 5th September! Be part of the continuous and evolving group that will come together regularly for meaningful discussions and initiatives exclusive to the Challenge participants.
Director of Innovation,
The DO Asia
The DO Asia
Director of Staffing,
Our Community Partners
This is an individual application and we do not accept team applications. Everyone who attends The DO Challenge as an attendee is expected to come to the event without a team.
Apart from working closely with your team, you will also have a chance to be mentored by the leading experts in smart cities & proptech, successful serial entrepreneurs and C-suite executives. You will be able to expand your professional network and walk away with your potential co-founders and investors.
If you are interested in innovation and thinking outside of the box the answer is most likely yes. Whether you are a serial entrepreneur or employee, you’ll fit right in as long as you are motivated to build something over the weekend and you are open to new ideas. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere.
During the workshop, we will use our award-winning DO Method that rapidly turns ideas into action around topics that are crucial for you. Throughout the process you will go from DREAM and PLAN to FOCUS and of course, DO!
The DO’s most recent innovation projects and global partners include H&M, E&Y, BMW, Siemens and Unilever.
Our applications are open until 16 August and we will confirm our participants by 18 August.
Apart from the motivation we are looking to select participants with diverse backgrounds that will complement each other.
Everyone who participates in our Challenge is expected to participate in all two days. This is important not only to preserve your own learning experience, but also to minimise distractions or disruptions for the team.
Applicants must be in Hong Kong during the Challenge weekend and attend in person at WLAB in North Point. You cannot join this Challenge virtually.
All participants stay onsite for the entirety of the event as you will have access to the support you need to help make this Challenge successful – including access to experts. Also you will work in teams so think about team spirit.
It’s free – participants that are selected to join The DO Challenge are able to join free of charge.
Once you are selected as participant we will send you all the information and also invite you to an onboarding call which will happen a week before the Challenge starts.
WLAB, Area A, 1/F, Block A-D, Tung Kin Factory Building 196-198, Tsat Tsz Mui Road North Point, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Yes, we will make sure you are well-fed throughout the weekend.
This Challenge is private, invite only, and will take place from 4 September 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM to 5 September 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Although this is a two-day event, participants are NOT allowed to spend the night at WLAB.
Yes! We have amazing experts that will join and support you.
Send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Expand your horizons, make new friends and learn innovation with the key leaders in the region and the world! You will remember these 48 hours packed with fun, challenges and meaningful connections.
Any questions? Get in touch!
Director of Innovation