The future of work is a hot topic for many of our partners at The DO, and during We Accelerate Week we had a session dedicated to figuring out what exactly we should accelerate within this broad area coming out of the pandemic. Led by Hauke Stachow, Senior Program Manager at The DO, and Sam Phillips Lee, Founder and CEO of IndieCollective and Former SVP and Head of Growth of We Work, we came up with a condensed list of key areas where we should focus our efforts over the coming months.
My key takeaways from the inspiring future of work session were:
1. TIME TO INVEST IN THE HOW: Now is the time to focus on HOW we want to work together in a hybrid way. As the urgency of the crisis disappears, this needs to become a strategic conversation. A well developed (hybrid) work set-up will become a hygiene factor of critical importance for employers.
2. PEOPLE RETENTION: A hybrid work approach will become a key component of the strategies for employer branding, leadership development and employee upskilling.
The 10 global leaders that gathered at the future of work session also had a lot to say. Below you can find the 6 things they suggested accelerating going forward:
- Keep the sense of urgency from Covid-19 and do not revert back to comfort and stability.
- Intentionally make room for serendipity.
- Find a positive narrative for these changes that are currently taking place.
- Make decisions based on your people, your culture and your values.
- In a hybrid/remote work model, ensure to include ways for people to connect.
- With the rise in on-demand work, employers need to figure out how to be an attractive workplace.
Stay tuned to hear how this conversation evolves amongst our partners and broader community.