Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Venture Program Lead (m/w/d)
Based in Berlin preferred (hybrid work model), full-time
Starting January 2023
About The Role
Through a flagship fellowship program funded by a Fortune 500 donor, we empower and equip next generation leaders with the entrepreneurial skills, mindsets, and relationships to put their climate ideas into action.
In this role, you would co-design and deliver the entrepreneurial training aspects of a holistic, hybrid fellowship program for up to 1,000 youth each year around the world with a passion to protect their natural ecosystems. You would lead the 12-month “Venture Sustainability Lab” alongside the leads of the Personal Sustainability and Environmental Sustainability Labs, together ensuring a holistic approach to climate action.
You will own…
- Design and implementation of the Venture Sustainability pillar of the fellowship program, in collaboration with the program team
- Identifying topics for external experts to provide world-class learning and DOing on topics like impact entrepreneurship, creative problem-solving, sustainable business models, financial roadmaps, prototyping and user feedback, multimedia storytelling, and more
- Delivery and co-facilitation of online and in-person workshops and trainings (including on-demand and live content)
- Feedback loops to ensure we learn quickly and iterate the program to best serve fellows and all stakeholders
… and support…
- Stakeholder communications internally and with our partners, in collaboration with the PM and Fellowship Director
- Finding and onboarding experts
- Discovering and coordinating story features of exceptional fellows and their projects, in collaboration with the Storytelling & Communications team
- Impact evaluation
You will work closely with…
- Fellowship Director and PM
- Leads of the other Labs
- Storytelling & Communications team
- DO School team
- Corporate partner key stakeholders
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of DO School programming, and participate in program design in collaboration with the program team and partners.
After three months, you will have a good understanding of our method and approach and will have applied it in the design of the fellowship program; you will contribute to the selection of fellows; and you will have trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
After six months, you will lead the delivery of the Venture Sustainability pillar and will work closely with the team on evaluation and continuous improvement; you will collaborate with the local and regional teams to support regional summits.
After one year, you will contribute to a successful ramp-up of the program to further regions; you will also contribute to the overall strategy of youth-led climate action.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Experienced in training people to move from idea to launch stage of a venture or project
- An inspiring and experienced program designer and facilitator
- Purpose-driven with a passion for climate action and/or youth leadership
- Able to create a high energy atmosphere for collaboration and learning on- and offline
- Empathetic, open-minded and flexible
- Sensitive to cultural and learning differences
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
… And will likely have:
- Led long-term learning programs
- Worked with online learning platforms
- Scaled a program from few to many participants
- Managed a wide range of stakeholders
Ideally, you might also have …
- Online community building
- Working in different cultures and regions
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Add Your Heading Text Here
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.