Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Venture Coach (m/w/d)
Based in Berlin preferred (hybrid work model), part-time or full-time
Starting Spring 2023
About The Role
beVisioneers: The Mercedes-Benz Fellowship is a flagship program to empower and equip up to 1,000 next generation leaders each year with the entrepreneurial skills, mindsets, and relationships to put their climate ideas into action. beVisioneers is designed and implemented by The DO School Fellowships and funded by Mercedes-Benz.
In this role, you would coach young entrepreneurs from around the world to develop and launch projects that regenerate their natural ecosystems. You would work closely with the Venture Development Lead to plan and execute a coaching roadmap, and you would directly coach dozens of fellows to bring their ideas to life over the course of a 12-month, hybrid intensive. Your work would be part of a holistic, hybrid program for fellows to develop their leadership, entrepreneurial skills, and environmental stewardship.
You will own…
- Design and execution of a coaching roadmap for fellows to move from idea to launch of their environmental project
- Leading regular coaching video calls with fellows from highly diverse backgrounds and regions (e.g. monthly 1-hour call)
- Tracking and evaluating the progress of the fellows you directly coach, including areas for growth and successes
- Reporting what fellows achieve from their coaching journey in a standardized format that can easily be shared with colleagues, Mercedes-Benz, and stakeholders
… and support…
- Elements of the design and implementation of the Venture Sustainability pillar of the fellowship program, in collaboration with the Venture Development Lead
- Feedback loops to ensure we learn quickly and iterate the program to best serve fellows
You will work closely with…
- Venture Development Lead
- Program team
- Communications team
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of beVisioneers, and participate in coaching program design.
After three months, you will have a good understanding of our method and approach and will have applied it in the design of the coaching roadmap; you will be coaching fellows to apply their entrepreneurial skills to the development of their project.
After six months, you will support fellows to prototype and then launch their projects and will work closely with the team on evaluation and continuous improvement.
After one year, you will contribute to a successful ramp-up of the program to further regions; you will also contribute to the overall coaching strategy of beVisioneers.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Experienced in coaching early-stage entrepreneurs to move from idea to launch of a project or venture
- Able to create an empowering, inspiring atmosphere for youth to grow and take ownership of their results
- Purpose-driven with a passion for climate action and/or youth leadership
- Empathetic, open-minded and flexible
- Sensitive to cultural and learning differences
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
… And will likely have:
- Mentored or coached highly diverse individuals
- Worked in online and hybrid settings
Ideally, you might also have …
- Scaling a program from few to many participants
- Working in different cultures and regions
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Is this the role for you? Then please submit your application via this link.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Add Your Heading Text Here
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School, The DO Community, and a nonprofit sister entity, The DO School Fellowships gGmbH.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time. And, as a nonprofit, The DO School Fellowships gGmbH equips changemakers to make a lasting impact on a more green, equitable future.
The DO School Fellowships gGmbH is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO School Fellowships gGmbH?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our global DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.