Ready to co-create the next Property Innovation in Hong Kong?
Why should you join The DO Challenge?
- Have access to a unique group of co-creators and potential co-founders.
- Have the opportunity to pitch your idea and develop it into a validated product within 2 days.
- Receive guidance and mentorship from the industry leaders, C-suite executives and successful entrepreneurs.
- Get the chance to be selected into an incubator to continue building your project and get support on product development, presentation and sales skills.
Our Approach: The DO Method
Application period: 1 – 31 August, 2022.
Selected participants will be notified on 5 September, 2022
Challenge dates: 17 – 18 September, 2022
Location: WLAB, Area A, 1/F, Block A-D, Tung Kin Factory Building 196-198, Tsat Tsz Mui Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Fee: 350 HKD
How to apply: Click here to apply
By utilising The DO’s approach to innovation, you will co-create innovative solutions in just one weekend. Working on a team, the DO Challenge supports the feeling of ownership and a sense of impact while allowing you to work and build strong bonds across silos. The DO will help you co-create radically relevant products and services that are purposeful.
The Challenge will be structured around the 4-staged DO Method: Dream, Focus, Plan and DO. The DO Method is an innovation method that will guide you from scoping the problem, to prototyping, pitching, and taking action. Our innovation methodology enables us to be faster, more efficient, delivering more relevant solutions.
What to expect from this co-creation process:
- Solve a hyper-specific problem in a short amount of time.
- Meet like-minded and highly motivated people from interior design, tech, engineering, architecture and other backgrounds who want to co-create and work together.
- Get direct input from your desired user base in order to quickly realise opportunities for ideation and conceptualisation.
- And it’s not over after the Challenge! Be part of the continuous and evolving group that will come together regularly for meaningful discussions and initiatives exclusive to the Challenge participants.
- Did we mention that you will have fun?!
Driving force for change
About last year's The DO Challenge
4 -5 September 2021
- 2 DAYS
- +60 APPLICATIONS
- 35 SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
- 7 TEAMS
- 9 DO EXPERTS & Mentors
- 16 IDEAS
Managing Director Asia,
Our Community Partners
This is an individual application and we do not accept team applications.
Apart from working closely with your chosen team for the duration of the challenge, you will also have a chance to be mentored by the leading experts in smart cities & proptech, successful serial entrepreneurs and C-suite executives. You will be able to expand your professional network and walk away with your potential co-founders and investors.
If you are interested in innovation and thinking outside of the box the, answer is most likely yes. Whether you are an entrepreneur or employee, you’ll fit right in as long as you are motivated to build something over the weekend and you are open to new ideas. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere.,
During the workshop, we will use our award-winning DO Method that rapidly turns ideas into action around topics that are crucial for you. Throughout the process, you will go from DREAM and PLAN to FOCUS and of course, DO!
The DO’s most recent innovation projects and global partners that use The DO Method include H&M, E&Y, BMW, Siemens and Unilever.
Our applications are open until 31 August 2022 and we will confirm our participants by 5 September.
Apart from the motivation, we are looking to select participants with diverse backgrounds that will complement each other.
All participants stay onsite for the entirety of the event as you will have access to the support you need to help make this Challenge successful – including access to experts. Also, you will work in teams so it is best to be in person together to keep team morale high.
The price to participate is 350 HKD.
Once you are selected as participant we, will send you all the information and also invite you to an onboarding call which will happen a week before the Challenge starts.
WLAB, Area A, 1/F, Block A-D, Tung Kin Factory Building 196-198, Tsat Tsz Mui Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Yes, we will make sure you are well-fed throughout the weekend.
This Challenge is private, invite-only, and will take place from 17 September 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM to 18 September 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Although this is a two-day event, participants are NOT allowed to spend the night at WLAB.
Yes! We have amazing experts that will join and support you.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Expand your horizons, make new friends and learn innovation with the key leaders in the region and the world! You will remember these 2 days packed with fun, challenges and meaningful connections.
Any questions? Get in touch!
Director of Innovation