Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Multimedia Storytelling Expert & Content Writer (m/w/d)
Based in Berlin preferred (hybrid work model), full-time
About The Role
As Multimedia Storyteller & Content Writer you will drive a global content strategy for one of our key programs that supports young people in implementing their ideas for environmental change. In this position, you will develop and execute creative, compelling, and consistent storytelling in close collaboration with all relevant program stakeholders from The DO School as well as stakeholders from our corporate partners.
You will own…
- Driving the program’s content strategy
- Developing and writing/producing engaging and innovative multimedia storytelling formats for the program website, relevant social channels, and internal and external communication channels of our corporate partners
- Creative direction and production of videos and visuals showcasing participants’ individual stories, the impact of the program, and also frequent events that speak to the target group and a broader community.
- Setting KPIs for your content plan – according to audiences that include international young and diverse innovators as well as corporate stakeholders of all hierarchical levels, press and public.
- Monitoring trending discussions around sustainability, innovation, and an economy that is taking responsibility for people and the planet.
… and support…
- Consistency in our branding and communication with our target audience and business partners worldwide – including the management and production of Google Slides presentation decks, graphic assets, and editorial material.
- Building a well-structured and intuitive database of all comms assets related to the program in our Google Drive.
As Multimedia Storyteller & Content Writer you will be part of The DO School program team, report to the director of program communications, and closely collaborate with the applications marketing manager and the community manager.
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of The DO School, its programs and processes, and get to know the team.
After three months, you will have a good handle on all content tasks, an eye on your own KPIs, and establish efficient ways of working with the program team.
After six months, you will have organized all storytelling activities and strategically understand the different perspectives of all relevant stakeholders. You bring new ideas to the table and have established great relationships in the network of all stakeholders – no matter if within The DO team or with corporate partners.
After one year, you will have built a solid reputation as the program’s creative storyteller and successfully manage all tasks and stakeholders for collective success.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A multimedia expert with a solid journalistic background and 3-5 years practice in sustainability, social equality, politics, and business topics and ideally have some corporate experience.
- A gifted storyteller and passionate writer, with expertise in creating engaging content and supporting young people as well as large organizations in scaling their impact for the planet, people and business.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy – using software, and online tools, experienced in target audience research, SEM and analytics report platforms, web development, and analytics tools.
- Ideally, bilingual (English/German) – native English is required, and a working level German (C1 level) is desired.
… And will likely have:
- A degree in multimedia journalism or related field.
- Worked successfully in the media as well as in a start-up or an established corporate environment or an agency.
- Solid project management experience and a business sense.
- Worked with different marketing tools to manage and run successful campaigns.
Ideally, you might also have …
- A great portfolio of outstanding people portraits in text, photography, video, blog, and social posts as well as press releases or event invitations.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and WordPress.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Is this the role for you? Then please submit your application via this link.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Add Your Heading Text Here
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our global DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.