Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Head of Marketing and Communications (m/w/d)
Berlin preferred (remote possible), full-time
About the role
Through a flagship fellowship program in collaboration with a corporate Fortune 500 partner, we empower and equip disadvantaged, next generation leaders with the entrepreneurial skills, mindsets, and relationships to put their climate ideas into action. As the Head of Marketing & Communications for the program, you will drive our storytelling and marketing strategy for the fellowship.
You will be responsible for adapting the strategy – according to analytics, trends and our theory of change – ensuring we effectively reach our target audiences and inspire a global community of pioneers protecting the ecosystems they love. You will lead a small team of social media and storytelling managers and will work closely with our corporate partner’s leadership.
You will be responsible for…
- developing and iterating a digital storytelling strategy that engages and inspires our global community through the stories and impact of our Fellows and partners
- creating a digital marketing campaign strategy that ensures we attract the right candidates on the right channels, together with our application marketing specialist
- our program website and media channels to ensure our goals are met in close collaboration with our corporate partner
- the management of our marketing and communication team and freelancers to ensure a thriving team environment, and budget allocation
… and build…
- A storytelling database that allows all stakeholders to collect and share stories to contribute to the movement of climate action
- Consistency in our branding and the creation of comms materials (digital and print), including the management of graphic design, video production and editorial material
As our Head of Marketing & Communications for the fellowship program, you will work closely with our Director of Marketing & Communications, the Program Lead, Head of Operations for the fellowship, and the Managing Partners of The DO.
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of The DO and get to know your colleagues, and start to co-design the application process along with experienced colleagues.
After three months, you will have a good handle on all marketing and communication goals and tasks, an eye on your own KPIs, and good rapport with your team.
After six months, you will oversee all marketing and communications activities for the program and align them with The DO’s overall storytelling strategy in collaboration with The DO’s marketing leader. You bring new ideas to the table and enable your team to collaborate effectively.
After one year, you will have built a scalable strategy and successfully manage your team, all freelancers and supporting agencies.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A gifted storyteller with a passion for creating engaging digital content
- A strategic thinker and team player, able to guide the team based on vision, measurable goals, and focus
- Experienced in establishing digital strategies and with different marketing tools to run campaigns (CRM, social media tools, etc)
- A strong communicator, verbally and in writing, and able to adapt to context and audience
- Ideally bilingual – fluency in English is required, a working level German (C1 level) is a bonus
… And will likely have:
- Familiarity with how young people (16-28 years old) communicate and the complex feelings they have about the climate crisis
- Led a team and overseen the creation of a wide variety of multimedia content
- Solid project management experience
Ideally, you might also have…
- A portfolio of comms/marketing initiatives and results (e.g.channel growth) from previous organisations to show us your superpowers
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
About The DO
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.