Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
DOer in Residence
Based in Berlin (hybrid work setup)
Full-time traineeship, start asap
About the Role
The DOer in Residence program is a traineeship program, giving recent graduates, young professionals or emerging entrepreneurs the opportunity to gain insight into the inner workings of an impact-focussed social business.
Depending on your experience and interests, you will take on program design, project management, communications, admissions and / or facilitation tasks. Your role is essential in ensuring a smooth functioning of the organization and alignment between teams.
At the same time, your tasks and development path can be tailored to the topics you are passionate about (e.g. social impact, life-long learning or business transformation) and skills you would like to improve (e.g. facilitation, communications, curriculum design).
As a DOer in Residence you will likely support…
- Project management for strategic projects or external programs
- Research, expert identification and curriculum design
- Workshop preparation and documentation
- Internal knowledge management and data capture
- Production of communication and partnerships materials
- Community engagement and outreach, admissions and marketing
You will work closely with our program, marketing and community team, as well as external partners, experts and our wider ecosystem.
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding and start taking over tasks, such as research or documentation.
After three months, you will have full ownership for assigned tasks in your programs and projects with minimum supervision and will have identified a development path within the DO.
After six months, you will take over increasing responsibility, e.g. through full design or delivery of a workshop or management of a community outreach cycle. You will start experimenting with stretch tasks according to your development goals.
After one year, you will have completed the trainee cycle. You will have gained insight into all parts of the organization, successfully completed programs and projects, as well as gained experience in your fields of interest.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Passionate about sustainability, innovation, impact or entrepreneurship
- Extremely structured and organized
- Able to interact with different kinds of people and adapt to different working styles
- Able to juggle, reshuffle and flexibly respond to multiple, often competing, priorities
… And will likely have:
- Managed projects that involved stakeholder coordination and alignment
- Interacted with different types of stakeholders and audiences
- Been responsible for project planning, implementation and communication
- Produced flawless communications materials
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
… Ideally, you might also have experience in:
- Online facilitation
- Project management software and tools
- Graphic design
- Working in German (written and spoken)
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Add Your Heading Text Here
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from ourDO Ecosystem
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.