Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Marketing Manager for New Venture, Dream Local
Based in Berlin (remote work possible), freelancer contract,
Part-time, starting immediately
About the Role
The DO School, Bertha Foundation and 42 Acres have joined forces around a shared vision to create a way for people to connect with nature to preserve local environments, connect wit ourselves and foster a sense of belonging.
This Spring we’ll be introducing Dream Local to the Berlin area, a platform that aggregates highly curated local experiences. Dream Local offers retreats for weekend geta-ways, experiences in nature to explore what’s just beyond the city skyline, and editorial that celebrates local living.
As a Marketing Manager, you will support Dream Local brand development and be responsible for all associated marketing and communication.
You will own:
- The marketing strategy across all channels including social media, online advertising, email/CRM, and PR
- Community engagement and growth across social media and email marketing
- Marketing content, including the management of external production partners as well as producing content yourself
- All analytics reporting/optimizations for social media, online advertising and email campaigns
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A strong communicator and relationship builder
- A problem solver and creative thinker
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset and the drive to help launch a new company
- Tech-savvy with experience in using marketing tools to manage and run successful campaigns, like mailing services (Mailchimp), CRM and social media related tools
- A nature-lover keen to make a positive impact on our planet
- Based in Berlin and very knowledgeable about Berlin and the surrounding area
And will likely have:
- Strong social media and marketing experience, ideally
- across branding and direct-response marketing
- Proficiency working in-platform across Facebook,
- Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Experience / enthusiasm about copy-writing and/or
- graphic design
- Experience with content management and production
- Prior experience in a start-up or similar environment
- Fluency in English and German (verbally and in
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Add Your Heading Text Here
THEDOSCHOOLThe DO School is a global organization that enables a purposeful economy that is sustainable and innovative. We’re powered by a community of DOers, innovators and experts and work with entrepreneurs, leaders, teams and companies from 100+ countries.
The DO School is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why work with Dream Local?
- You will help create a venture from the very beginning stages, playing a critical and influential role in shaping its journey and success.
- You have the opportunity to work within a network of organizations, including The DO School, Bertha Foundation and 42 Acres whose missions all centre around promoting social and environmental impact.
- The work you do will make a difference, helping to preserve our environment and support local communities.
Learn from ourDO Ecosystem
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.