Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Director of Communications & Marketing
Based in Berlin (hybrid work model), full-time
About the Role
As the Director of Communications & Marketing you will build and drive our communication strategy and establish The DO as a global platform for change. You will be responsible for adapting the strategy – according to analytics, trends and The DO’s product portfolio – ensuring we effectively reach our various target audiences and maintain brand consistency in content, marketing, digital communications and website.
You will be responsible for…
- Working across our organization to develop and maintain an annual content strategy that speaks to our employees, our partners, and our broader community.
- Creating a marketing campaign strategy that ensures we reach the right audience on the right channels, together with our digital marketing specialist
- Our website and ensuring our brand, services and initiatives are effectively represented.
- Managing our communication and marketing team, our freelancers and the budget allocation
- An overview of all comms and marketing activity including a variety of multimedia content, ensuring the timely delivery and quality of all processes
- Consistency in our branding and the creation of comms materials (digital and print), including the management of graphic design, video production and editorial material
- an expertise, network and tools to enhance the organization’s digital presence.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A gifted storyteller with a passion for creating engaging content and supporting organizations scaling their impact
- A strong communicator, verbally and in writing, and able to adapt to context and audience
- A team player with entrepreneurial drive and the ability to communicate project principles with all parties
- Hands-on, detail-oriented and tech-savy, using software, online tools, platforms, web development, and analytics tools with a peace of mind
- Ideally bilingual – fluency in English is required, a working level German (C1 level) is desired
And will likely have:
- Established a communication & marketing strategy for an organization with multiple and differing audiences
- Led a communications and marketing team and overseen the creation of a wide variety of multimedia content
- Solid project management experience and a strong business sense
- Worked with different marketing tools to manage and run successful campaigns, like mailing services, CRM and social media related tools
Ideally you might also have:
- Experience in copy-writing and basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and WordPress
- A portfolio of comms/marketing initiatives and results (e.g.channel growth) from previous organisations to show us your superpowers
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding and learn the nuts & bolts of The DO, its programs and processes and get to know the team.
After three months, you will have a good handle on all comms & marketing tasks, an eye on your own KPIs and good rapport with your team.
After six months, you will oversee all comms marketing activities and align them strategically. You bring new ideas to the table and enable your team to collaborate effectively.
After 1 year, you will have built a solid comms marketing strategy and successfully manage your team, all freelancers and supporting agencies.
Is this the role for you? Then please submit your application via this link.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Add Your Heading Text Here
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from ourDO Ecosystem
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.