Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Communications Project Manager/ Employee Engagement
Berlin (hybrid work model), full-time
About the role
As the Communications Project Manager/ Employee Engagement you would drive key relationships and all communications planning, production and implementation for a global employee engagement program. You would be dedicated to one large, long-term program while exchanging best practices and insights with the broader DO School team and report directly to the program’s Head of Communications.
The program’s goal is to activate thousands of employees to participate in sustainability training and corporate volunteering activities and deliver on the company’s corporate citizenship strategy. Our team’s objectives include designing and implementing the program and driving and co-creating an outstanding communications campaign across all relevant internal and external channels with our corporate partner.
About the Role
You would own:
- Planning, organizing and tracking communication activities, creating a content calendar, timelines, briefs, communication schedules and structures.
- Establishing smooth work processes for ensuring timely delivery and sign-off of communications campaigns & assets and effective ways to catch and address potential risks with your communications lead.
- Creating clear workflows to ensure that program leads and stakeholders from our corporate partner are up-to-date on evolving communications plans in the most appropriate forum and format.
- Creating meeting notes, presentations, regular newsletters, and workshop materials to inspire collaboration with our corporate partner around all communications activities.
- Manage project planning for external and internal corporate communications, including creative briefs, connecting internal teams with external support (agencies and freelancers) in developing assets (videos, photos, imagery, graphics).
- Supporting and aligning with internal team specialists delivering content.
… and support
- Overall stakeholder engagement (including Board Members & C-Level) and strategic alignment of the initiative with internal goals and frameworks.
You will work closely with the…
- Employee Communications Lead.
- The DO School leadership and program team.
- External partner leads.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A strong communicator, verbally and in writing, who understands the complexities of large corporations, contexts, and audiences and can handle them with flexibility and agility.
- Well-organized to keep up with all requests and deadlines.
- A team player with entrepreneurial drive and the ability to communicate project principles and KPIs with all parties.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy – experienced in target audience research, marketing-related asset creation, digital marketing campaigns, paid advertising, paid social media campaigns, SEM and analytics report platforms, and analytics tools with peace of mind.
- Analytic and problem-solving – with perseverance and the ability to thrive in a fast and agile environment for you and the team in a sustainable way.
- Creative and have fun thinking about new ways to engage and excite others.
…and will likely have:
- 5-7 years of experience working as a project manager in a communications agency for larger organizations or as a Communications Project Manager for complex creative campaigns in a corporate setting.
- A skill for creating outstanding presentations (Google and Powerpoint) – in terms of clear structure and awesome design.
- Experience in external and internal communications – feeling at ease with moderating internal stakeholders and creating excitement and motivation for new initiatives
- Knowledge of the latest trends in activating employee communications – and a great portfolio of impactful formats.
- A passion for sustainability & CSR topics.
Ideally, you might also have …
- Bilingual skills in English/German – native German and excellent English are required.
- Experience in copywriting and design, including basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and WordPress.
- Organizing smooth hybrid collaboration experiences and (Zoom, Microsoft Teams) and visual facilitation (Mural & Workshop Canvases)
- Experience in proofreading & managing translations.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
About The DO
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.