Are you passionate about taking action and making a positive impact on the world? We are! Check out our open positions and let’s find out what we can DO together!
Social Media Manager (m/w/d)
Berlin (remote possible), full-time
About the role
As the Social Media Manager, you will build and drive a global marketing strategy to source participants for a flagship program that supports young people to put their ideas for environmental change into action. In this position, you will own digital marketing across all relevant channels for the application process, and orchestrate and produce written and visual assets around successful candidates.
You will own…
- Building and implementing the program’s applications marketing strategy in coordination with the program team.
- Sourcing suitable diverse candidates worldwide by using your professional and our established network.
- Setting KPIs for your digital marketing plan – including the ad campaigns you drive across all relevant channels for reaching the target group in different international markets.
- Setting up social media channels for the program, for example on TikTok or Instagram, producing and managing social media campaigns.
- Creating visuals and writing engaging content around the application process as well as highlights from the program that speak to the target group and a broader community
- Monitoring trending discussions around sustainability, innovation, youth climate action, and an economy that is taking responsibility for people and the planet.
- Consistency in our branding and communication with our target audience and business partners worldwide – including the management and production of Google Slide presentations, graphic assets, and editorial material.
- Building a well-structured and intuitive database of all of comms assets related to the program in our Google Drive.
As Social Media Manager, you will be part of the DO School Program Team and report to the Director of Program Communications – in close collaboration with all relevant program stakeholders, especially community management.
This is what you can expect…
In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of The DO School, its programs and processes, and start on an application marketing strategy.
After three months, you will launch the application marketing campaign, have an eye on your own KPIs, and establish trust and efficient ways of working with the program team.
After six months, you will oversee all application marketing activities and align them strategically. You bring new ideas to the table and establish a stable network of old and new promotion partners across the globe for a smooth and productive application process.
After one year, you will have planned a social media strategy to share stories from the program, implement the strategy with continuous iteration, and successfully manage all tasks and stakeholders for collective success.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- A gifted digital storyteller on various social media platforms with a passion for creating engaging content and a track record of inspiring people to make an impact together.
- A fantastic networker with 3-5 years experience engaging young candidates in programs or initiatives and well-established contacts worldwide.
- A strong communicator, verbally and in writing, and able to adapt to context and audience.
- A team player with entrepreneurial drive and the ability to communicate project principles with all parties.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy – experienced in target audience research, marketing related asset creation, digital marketing campaigns, paid advertising, paid social media campaigns, SEM and analytics report platforms, and analytics tools with peace of mind.
…and will likely have:
- Established an application marketing strategy for a program with a focus on a young target group for a program or an organization.
- Built a new social channel and created successful social media content on all relevant platforms, including copy and visuals.
- Solid project management experience and a strong business sense.
Ideally, you might also have…
- Bilingual English/German – native English is required, and a working level German (C1 level) is desired.
- Experience in copywriting and basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, or WordPress.
- A portfolio of application marketing initiatives and results (e.g. channel growth) from previous organizations to show us your superpowers.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
About The DO
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join The DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Learn from our DO
All our DO School programs are powered by a unique and vibrant ecosystem of people, organizations and networks.